Paramus Catholic High School, a coeducational college-preparatory school, is a welcoming, collaborative, and unifying community. Centered in Christ, we are committed to spiritual growth, academic excellence, social responsibility, and personal development for all students.
CORE BELIEFS AND VALUES
- We believe that students seek personal growth and actively participate in their own learning in order to build a strong foundation for future success.
- We believe that demonstrating ethical behavior in academic and social endeavors is necessary to take responsibility for our actions.
- We believe that demonstrating character, acceptance, and respect in all interactions lead to fostering positive relationships in school and community.
- We believe that by developing learners who take initiative and who are resourceful and resilient, we will prepare them for the multitude of possibilities after graduation.
- We believe that an education focused on faith results in a life lead through humility and justice lived out through the teachings of Christ.
- We believe that academic excellence means developing all students to the best of their abilities.
- We believe that personal development is an ongoing process that is directed by faith and education and continues throughout our lives.
- We believe that social responsibility means being aware of the needs of others and how we better others and ourselves through service.
PROFILE OF A GRADUATE
Graduates of Paramus Catholic, as a result of quality education in a faith-based environment, will thrive in the real, spiritual, and virtual worlds.
Through having lived out our core values of community, compassion, honesty, respect, and responsibility, our graduates will …
- Embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ as a moral compass for making future decisions.
- Respond to the challenge of becoming all God calls them to be.
- Promote social justice for all human beings.
- Cultivate a personal relationship with God and engage in meaningful prayer and meditation.
- Commit joyfully to help those in need and to make a positive difference in the world.
Through having engaged in a broad range of academic disciplines and through mastery of 21st-century skills, our graduates will …
- Commit to life-long learning.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings, using the appropriate medium.
- Collaborate effectively in a technologically-infused environment.
- Create new ideas, through original and innovative thinking.
- Utilize analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Through having developed their own special talents, gifts, and abilities, our graduates will …
- Be productive, global citizens.
- Participate responsibly in civic life.
- Act as stewards of God’s creation and demonstrate environmental responsibility.
- Encourage and lead others to work for the common good.
- Respect diverse views and beliefs.