Support Deployed Troops, First Responders, Health Care Heroes, Veterans, New Recruits, or Wounded Heroes and Caregivers. Send letters, paracord bracelets, scarfs/hats, cool ties, drawstring bags, fleece hats, fleece scarves, fleece gators. Go to Operation Gratitude https://www.operationgratitude.com/express-your-thanks-virtual/ for information.
In all cases:
~Fill out our Donor Form and print a copy for each box that you send.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
~ Write postcards of support and gratitude to Deployed Troops, First Responders, Health Care Heroes, Veterans, New Recruits, or Wounded Heroes and Caregivers. For details go to Digital Letter Writing tab on the Operation Gratitude website.
- Email 5 postcards (at least 350 characters) = ½ community service hour; attach a sample emailed note to service form signed by parent or guardian
~ Write Letters of support and gratitude to Deployed Troops, First Responders, Health Care Heroes, Veterans, New Recruits, or Wounded Heroes and Caregivers. For details go to Write Letters tab on the Operation Gratitude website.
- Send 3 letters (at least 3 paragraphs) = ½ community service hour; attach a sample letter to service form signed by parent or guardian
~Operation Gratitude will verify community service for making and sending the following. For details go to Community Service tab on Operation Gratitude website or see the following link for each project.
- Make FIVE Paracord Bracelets = 1 community service hour
- Knit or Crochet ONE Scarf/Hat = 3 community service hours
- Sew TWO Cool Ties = 1 community service hour
- Sew THREE Drawstring Bags = 1 community service hour
- Sew FOUR Fleece Hats = 1 community service hour
- Sew TWO Fleece Scarves = 1 community service hour
- Sew THREE Fleece Gators = 1 community service hour
Community Service Credit will be sent once items have been received at the Operation Gratitude facility.
To receive service verification:
- Fill out the online Donor Form and follow the instructions that will be emailed to you, upon completion.
- Send a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Send a fully completed service form requesting Community Service Credit
(Please understand that Operation Gratitude turnaround time for community service forms can be 2-4 weeks, so be sure to plan accordingly.)
Handmade Cards for Hospitalized Kids
Cards for Hospitalized Kids (CFHK) is an internationally recognized charitable organization that spreads hope, joy & magic to hospitalized kids across America through uplifting, handmade cards.
To send handmade cards to hospitalized children go to; http://www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/ and click on “make general cards” - detailed instructions are available.
Mail cards to:
Cards for Hospitalized Kids
7290 W. Devon
Chicago, IL 60631
- Make and send 2 cards = ½ community service hour; attach a sample card to service form signed by parent or guardian
Online Entertainment for Residents at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
Share your talents.
Virtually entertain residents at New Bridge Medical Center.
Send videos to:
Klie, Executive Director, Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Foundation at RKlie@newbridgehealth.org.
- A Zoom concert with a few peers
- A Poetry/Short
- A Dance Performance
- Act out part of a classical piece of literature
- Send some cards or artwork.
Email fully completed service form to Ms. Klie with your video. This will be on the honor system – calculate time spent on the video including editing and designing. Ms. Klie will sign and stamp service forms and return them. If the indicated time spent does not seem appropriate Ms. Klie will consult with Mrs. Leon, as necessary.
SMITHSONIAN DIGITAL VOLUNTEERS: TRANSCRIPTION CENTER
"Digital Volunteers" can now take on important assignments to expand access to the Smithsonian's massive collections.
Citizen scholars are invited to transcribe historic documents including diaries and working papers of prominent Americans and records associated with the Smithsonian's vast scientific collections. Transcription makes these important materials more accessible to researchers around the world, as well as the general public.
For details go to https://transcription.si.edu/
- Keep track of time spent transcribing; complete service forms and attach a sample of your work. Service be signed by a parent or guardian.